Search this website!
Search the Internet:
Find a phone number:
YellowPages or WhitePages
Web based email:
Maps and directions:
Useful links for
Travel, shopping & dining
Fitness and exercise information
and safety Information
Chastain Park Concert tickets or directions? Click here
Here is a collection of computer how-to's that you may find
- Internet Domain Country
- How to select a web hosting company for your
- How to convert from Apple/Mac Adobe Photoshop
file format (PDD files) to JPG.
- Are you embarrassed to admit that you are still
on AOL? click here for a guide to find a better, cheaper ISP (Internet
- Are you puzzled by "LOL",
"AFAIK", "btw" or symbols like ;-) or :-p ? Here's
the guide to internet abbreviations and emoticons that are commonly used
- How to scan a photo into your pc
- How to attach a file or photo to an email
Need WinZip? Download
it here for free (it's legal!)
Confused by files that end in ".pdf",
".arc", etc.? Click here for the
Worried about a virus? Get
the complete information here!
How to set up VPN at home - getting past
problems with Dlink routers and Nortel Contivity Client (4.6.5)
Clearing a "Toner low" error message on
Brother Multifunction Printers: Brother MFC printers often fail to
clear the "toner low" error message when you replace a toner cartridge.
You will see many posts on many forums and websites that talk about covering
a sensor hole with tape or resetting a drum flag gear, etc. Great.
That may work with some Brother printers, but certainly not the MFC
7860DW, the MFC 7640DW and maybe others. Instead, you can clear
this message by doing this:
1. Open the front toner compartment door.
2. Message reads "Front cover open."
3. Press the "Clear" button.
Message reads "Replace Drum?"
5. DO NOT respond to this. Instead, type in
"*00" on the keypad.
Brother MFC Drum Error messages:
How to replace a Brother MFC drum cartridge (not the toner
cartidge) and reset the drum counter to make the error message ("replace
drum unit soon" or similar).
error messages will continue to appear if the drum counter was not reset
when you replace the drum unit with a new one.
- Replace Drum
- Drum End Soon
- Drum Near End
- Drum Stop
To clear this message:
1. Replace the drum
2. Do NOT close the door.
Clear or Clear/Back on the control panel.
4. Do one of the following.
5. When the LCD shows Accepted, close
the front cover.
- If your Brother machine has a numeric keypad:
to reset the drum counter.
- If your Brother machine doesn't have a numeric keypad:
Up Arrow Key to reset the drum counter.
6. When I did this, I then got a "check connection"
error message when I attempted t scan a document. This was fixed by
going into setup, selecting the network option and then the "setup wizard",
selecting my router's SSID, and re-entering the password for my router.