Here is a collection of computer how-to's that you may find useful!
Need WinZip? Download it here for free (it's legal!)
Confused by files that end in ".pdf", ".arc", etc.? Click here for the explanation.
Worried about a virus? Get the complete information here!
How to set up VPN at home - getting past
problems with Dlink routers and Nortel Contivity Client (4.6.5)
Clearing a "Toner low" error message on
Brother Multifunction Printers: Brother MFC printers often fail to
clear the "toner low" error message when you replace a toner cartridge.
You will see many posts on many forums and websites that talk about covering
a sensor hole with tape or resetting a drum flag gear, etc. Great.
That may work with some Brother printers, but certainly not the MFC
7860DW, the MFC 7640DW and maybe others. Instead, you can clear
this message by doing this:
1. Open the front toner compartment door.
2. Message reads "Front cover open."
3. Press the "Clear" button.
4. Message reads "Replace Drum?"
5. DO NOT respond to this. Instead, type in "*00" on the keypad.
Brother MFC Drum Error messages:
How to replace a Brother MFC drum cartridge (not the toner
cartidge) and reset the drum counter to make the error message ("replace
drum unit soon" or similar). To clear this message:
The following error messages will continue to appear if the drum counter was not reset when you replace the drum unit with a new one.
1. Replace the drum unit
2. Do NOT close the door.
3.Press Clear or Clear/Back on the control panel. 4. Do one of the following.
Press 1 to reset the drum counter.
Press the Up Arrow Key to reset the drum counter.
6. When I did this, I then got a "check connection" error message when I attempted t scan a document. This was fixed by going into setup, selecting the network option and then the "setup wizard", selecting my router's SSID, and re-entering the password for my router.
To clear this message: